Texas Metal Outlaws have released the official video for “Echoes Of Memory,” a track from the all-star project’s self-titled debut album.
The song features: vocalist James Rivera (Helstar, Distant Thunder, Destiny’s End); guitarist Robert Williams (Ignitor, Witches Mark); guitarist Stuart Laurence (Agony Column, Ignitor); guitarist Larry Barragan (Helstar, Eternity Black), bassist Stony Grantham (Shadowkeep, Byfist); and drummer Cody Gilliland (Immortal Guardian).
The forthcoming self-titled album from Texas Metal Outlaws is now streaming in its entirety. Listen below via the Bandcamp player:
The heat, the attitude, the metal! Texas doesn't do subtly and it sure as hell doesn't do mellow, as evidenced by the forthcoming self-titled album of molten Lone Star metal from Texas Metal Outlaws. Scheduled for release on CD (Heaven And Hell Records) and vinyl (Texas Metal Underground Records) on October 26th, each of the album's nine tracks features a unique lineup of players from the deep well of Texas metal talent. The official video for the album's eponymous opening track is available below.
The track features Jason McMaster (Watchtower, Dangerous Toys, Broken Teeth, Ignitor, Evil United), Stuart Laurence (Agony Column, Ignitor), Robert Williams (Ignitor, Witches Mark), Donnie Van Stavern (S.A. Slayer, Riot, Pitbull Daycare), and Felix Griffin (D.R.I., Bat).
Though barely scratching the surface of the magic on offer, some particularly interesting aspects of the album include:
- The appearance of every member of Witches Mark on "Malt Liquor Maniac".
- Bonus track "Black And Green" features every member of Agony Column, plus guitarist Robert Williams (Ignitor, Witches Mark) and is the first thing Agony Column has recorded since 1995's Way Back In The Woods album.
- The Burt Bacharach/Carole Bayer Sager-penned cover of "That's What Friends Are For" features a complete previous lineup of Ignitor plus Logan Orlando Perez (Against The Plagues, Vex, Whore Of Babylon).
- The cover song "Running From The Law" from Riot's Born In America album was recorded as a tribute to Mark Reale and Rhett Forrester and even features Donnie Van Stavern (Riot) on bass.
The complete list of players on Texas Metal Outlaws is as follows:
- Jason McMaster (Watchtower, Dangerous Toys, Broken Teeth, Ignitor, Evil United)
- Stuart Laurence (Agony Column, Ignitor)
- Donnie Van Stavern (S.A. Slayer, Riot, Pitbull Daycare)
- Felix Griffin (D.R.I., Bat)
- Robb Bockman (Witches Mark, UADA)
- Scott Palmer (Witches Mark, Byfist, Demontuary)
- Carlos Zema (Immortal Guardian, Vougan, Heaven's Guardian, Outworld, David Shankle Group)
- Billy Dansfiell (Agony Column, Ignitor, E.K.U., Zero Percent)
- Ross The Boss Friedman (Manowar, Death Dealer, Ross The Boss Band, The Dictators)
- Cody Gilliland (Immortal Guardian)
- Richie Turner (Agony Column)
- Chris Alaniz (Agony Column, Cheetah Chrome)
- Mike Soliz (Militia, Assalant, Oblivion Knight)
- Mark Zammaron (Odometer, Las Cruces, Wicked Angel, Passage Temple)
- Pat Doyle (Ignitor, The Offenders)
- Michael Paul Toupin (Raging Saint, Force Of Rage)
- Al Berlanga (Syrus)
- Stan Martinez (Target 7, Social Slut)
- James Rivera (Helstar, Distant Thunder, Destiny's End, Seven Witches, Malice, Flotsam and Jetsam, Agent Steel, Shadowkeep)
- Larry Barragan (Helstar, Eternity Black, Santa Oscuridad)
- Stony Grantham (Shadowkeep, Byfist)
- Brendon Bigelow (Ignitor, Death Of Millions)
- Logan Orlando Perez (Against The Plagues, Vex, Whore Of Babylon)
- Robert Williams (Ignitor, Witches Mark)