KIP WINGER: Trailer For 'Solo Box Set Collection'
On March 23, Frontiers Music Srl will release a box set collecting all the solo works of acclaimed Grammy-nominated composer Kip Winger into one collection. The set will be comprised of Kip's solo albums, including: * This Conversation Seems Like A Dream (1997) * Down Incognito (1998) * Songs From The Ocean Floor (2000) * From The Moon To The Sun (2008) In addition, there is going to be a bonus disc (exclusive to the physical edition, while stock lasts), which includes a new previously unreleased song and all of the bonus cuts from previous records. The "Solo Box Set Collection" will be a strictly limited edition of 1,500 copies (worldwide) and include five CDs in vinyl replica cases and a booklet with liner notes written by Kip Winger.
A trailer for "Solo Box Set Collection" is available below. Kip Winger rode the wave of the '80s/early '90s pop-metal explosion first with Alice Cooperand then in the wildly successful band of his namesake, WINGER, before beginning a solo career in the late '90s. His debut solo effort, "This Conversation Seems Like A Dream", was released in 1997 and supported with a solo acoustic tour. An acoustic album featuring the new track "Another Way" and of past favorites, "Down Incognito", was then released in 1999. Winger followed it with his second proper solo album, 2000's "Songs From The Ocean Floor", which addressed his grief over the loss of his wife, who had passed away in a car accident shortly after the release of his first solo album. After a long hiatus with his solo work, Kip returned with "From The Moon To The Sun" in 2008; an extensive body of work that includes everything from straight-up heavy and dark music to absolutely melodic and beautiful works. More recently, Winger has enjoyed success composing classical music. Choreographer Christopher Wheeldon created the ballet "Ghosts", based on a piece Kip wrote, which premiered at the San Francisco Ballet on February 9, 2010. The ballet was a hit and was brought back for a five seasons in 2010. "Ghosts" will make its Nashville debut in May 2018 with Nashville Ballet. Winger then composed a four-part work titled "Conversations With Nijinsky", intended to celebrate the life of ballet dancer and choreographer Vaslav Nijinsky. A recording of the piece performed by the San Francisco Ballet Orchestra on the album "C.F. Kip Winger: Conversations With Nijinsky" entered at No. 1 on the traditional classical category on the Billboard music charts. "Conversations With Nijinsky" was also nominated in the "Best Classical Contemporary Composition" category at the 59th annual Grammy Awards.
Track listing: CD 1 - This Conversation Seems Like A Dream
01. Kiss Of Life 02. Monster 03. Endless Circles 04. Angel Of The Underground 05. Steam 06. I'll Be Down 07. Naked Son 08. Daniel 09. How Far Will We Go 10. Don't Let Go 11. Here CD 2 - Down Incognito
01. Another Way 02. Down Incognito 03. Under One Condition 04. Miles Away 05. Steam 06. Headed For A Heartbreak 07. How Far Will We Go 08. Naked Son 09. Spell I'm Under 10. Easy Come Easy Go 11. Daniel CD 3 - Songs From The Ocean Floor
01. Cross 02. Crash The Wall 03. Sure Was A Wildflower 04. Two Lovers Stand 05. Landslide 06. Faster 07. Song Of Midnight 08. Free 09. Only One Word 10. Broken Open 11. Resurrection 12. Everything You Need CD 4 - From The Moon To The Sun
01. Every Story Told 02. Nothing 03. Where Will You Go 04. Pages And Pages 05. In Your Eyes Another Life 06. Runaway 07. California 08. What We Are 09. One Big Game 10. Why 11. Reason To Believe CD 5 - Bonus CD
01. Hands Of Love 02. Monster (European bonus track) 03. Holy Man 04. Free (Instrumental) 05. Ghosts 06. Now And Forever 07. Kiss Of Life (Demo) 08. Don't Let Go (Demo) 09. Headed For A Heartbreak (Demo 1987) 10. Hour Of Need (Demo) 11. Monster (Demo) 12. Rainbow In The Rose 13. Blind Revolution Mad 14. Headed For A Heartbreak (Live)